Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 15, 2012. So Instagramy

Going with a cliche shot with a cliche effect, and I'd like to talk about cellphone cameras.
"The best camera is the one in your hand." -Chase Jarvis
Many phones have better cameras than point-and-shoot cameras were a few years ago, and although they don't have most manual controls, if you compose your pictures well you can still have something worth someone else's time. In the end, a phone is a handy, portable device and you're more likely to be carrying it around than your camera, be it a DSLR or point-and-shoot, thus more photo opportunities are likely presenting themselves to you when you have only your phone at hand.
Now, I still took the photo above with my camera, I mean if I have it around there's no reason to use my phone, but I very well could have taken it with my phone, or a much more expensive camera and the differences would be minimal. You shouldn't judge a photo by the camera it was taken with, nor a photographer by his camera. I know a couple people with a good eye and they turn out good pictures even if it's just with their phones, and I've seen photographers here with giant lenses and expensive cameras taking bad graduation pictures when their money would've been better invested in some lights than pretentious gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment