Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013. Stormy Days

I have been able to get my hands on the Canon 5D mkII a few times now and it has been a beautiful thing to work with. For those who don't know, the camera with the lens sells for around $2500 without even a lens. Using it has made me look down on my camera a bit as it's really easy to get used to the good stuff.
For reference, I have a Canon 500D. By now it has been outdated by the 550D, 600D, 650D and 700D. At the time of purchase it went for around 550$ but now I'd say it would sell for less than 300$. It's small and light and won't get you much respect around professionals. However, it's always easy to forget that even though the camera can make your life easier, it's won't take good photos for you. That's up to you. So using it today was kind of like what it feels like to drive a 125cc bike after being on a 650cc. There's a difference alright, but as long as you can drive well you can get just as far on either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment