Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dec 15, 2011. My desk



It's late and cold, so as a first photo for this blog I stayed in my room. Now if there's anything in here that shows who I am, it would be my desk. This picture used to include my desk from bottom up, but it ended up incredibly boring, looking like just another messy desk. I figured if it were to show anything about me, I would need to show details. And so I remembered something I read on a blog yesterday, quoting the words of a very famous war-time photographer Robert Capa. He said ”If your picture isn’t good enough, you’re not close enough.” So I cropped out a lot, leaving only the top part of my desk. Here you can see photos of the people I love, a bunch of books and papers from my studies, and a few of my things strewn in a semi-organized fashion. This says a lot more about me then the previous, far-away image of my mass-produced desk. I later added the blur effect to add a feeling of proximity.

1 comment: