Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dec 17, 2011. Korean Cosmetics

I still remember my first impression walking into a Korean cosmetics store. Boy do they like things cute. They spend so much adorning their products that I wonder if the price actually comes from the container, not whatever's inside. I decided to leave the slightly over-brightened photo style so commonly seen in portraits of/by Asians. It seemed... befitting.

Koreans LOVE cosmetics. Within walking distance of my dorm you will find: Innisfree, Olive Young, Etude House, Aritaum, Skin Food, Tony Moly, and others whose names I can't remember; and you will find a lot more chains than these in Seoul. There is even a cosmetic store dedicated to men called Man Studio. As manly as that may sound, everything inside looks just like girl cosmetics except they're blue instead of pink.
Snapped this display in Etude House as my girlfriend looked around the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment